Panel sessions will normally host one or two 3-hour slots with approximately 5 presentations per slot. We welcome session proposals that have the following characteristics:
– Maximum of 2 convenors per session. A full name, affiliation, and email address should be provided for each convenor, with a clear indication of the contact scholar. A short 100-word bio profile of each convenor is welcome.
– A session proposal text (maximum 400 words). We invite sessions that tackle broad, substantive, and important topics for ethnographic research. Methodological, ethical, and reflexive issues may be included in proposals, but should not constitute the topic itself. We privilege sessions that provide an innovative, fresh take on the classic problems of ethnography as well as more novel areas where current ethnographic research has developed important research insights. Proposals should indicate how they plan to attract presentations from one or more disciplines and fields of study. We also expect proposals to be able to show that the proposed topic is interesting, socially relevant, and that current research on the topic is flourishing (or should be).
– List of 3-10 broad and relevant open questions that conference contributions are expected to address.
– List of 5-7 keywords. Keywords should be substantive rather than disciplinary, specifying as clearly as possible the focus of interest.
– List of 5-7 sub-disciplines or cross-disciplinary areas of concern.
Submit your Session Proposal to email@example.com no later than
31 May 2022 6 June 2022.
Received proposals will be reviewed and selected by 1 July 2022. The subsequent call for papers will be open from September 2022 to December 2022.
Convenor/s of accepted sessions are free to decide whether or not to ask contributors for full papers. This may also depend on your interest to propose a Special Issue on the topics of your session to the journal Etnografia e Ricerca Qualitativa (for any inquiry about this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org).